|Identify the file system
- Identify the file system that you are using.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Double-click My Computer on
the desktop or Explorer.
- Right-click the disk that you want, and then
- Look for the File System
- If the disk is formatted in NTFS, your
options for returning to Windows 95, Windows 98,
or Windows Me are limited. Those operating
systems do not read or recognize NTFS, and you
cannot convert the disk to use the FAT or FAT32
file system. The bootable disk that you use and
the drive on which you want to install Windows
95, Windows 98, or Windows Me cannot use NTFS.
Microsoft does not support any third-party
solutions for converting NTFS to FAT or FAT32.
- If the drive is using the FAT file system,
you can install any operating system. If the
drive is using the FAT32 file system, you can
install Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2 (OSR2)
The above was copied from: