Clean Install XP
XP Repair Install
View XP Key
Check this link for Dr. D's Boot Disk Essentials download image.
- Boot from Startup Disk.
- Load FDISK by typing "fdisk.exe" at the "A"
prompt without the quotes.
- Say yes to large disk support <Y-N>...........?
- Enter choice #3 to "Delete partition or Logical Dos
Drive" Press ESC to return to FDISK options
- Enter #4 to "Delete Non-DOS Partition". Select the
Non-DOS partition by typing the number and then ENTER.
Press ESC to return to FDISK options. Note you
cannot delete a NON-DOS partition located inside an
Extended partition. You can use the DOS utility called
delpart from a DOS boot up.
- Reboot with startup disk and load FDISK.
- Say yes to Large disk support as above.
- Enter choice #1 Press ESC to return to FDISK
- When asked if you want to use the maximum size for
the partition and make it active, type Y if you
want to use the whole drive, or N if you want to
set a maximum size for the partition.
- After accepting the max size or setting the size,
- To install another OS; reboot: Type
format X: at the A: prompt; where
X is the drive/partition letter designation.
- Insert your Win 98/Me CD.
- Reboot from
with CD-Rom support.
- Type sys c:
- Type X: for CD drive location where X is the CD
- Type setup.exe
- Follow setup prompts